06 October 2017
Recipe: Almond Coconut
- ½ cup Almonds, crushed*
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 1 Lime rind, grated (1 tsp)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 skinless, boneless, Chicken breasts
*A food processor can be used to ground whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl; combine almonds, coconut, grated lime rind, and cayenne pepper.
- Using a small dish; mix the coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Wash a remove any fat from the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush the coconut oil and garlic mixture onto all sides of both chicken breasts. Dip each chicken into almond and coconut mixture, ensuring that the chicken is covered completely. Press the mixture into the chicken if needed.
- Place chicken on a foil lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with a side of vegetables and lime.
Macros per serving: Serves 2
- Calories: 423
- Protein: 37.3g
- Fat: 27.2g
- Carbs: 7.4g