Recipe: Raw chocolate fudge brownies
- 150g/1 cup almonds (you could use a mixer of almonds, pecans and walnuts too)
- 30g/Quarter of a cup of cocoa powder and another 60g/half a cup of cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 150g/1 cup of pitted dates
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp orange essence or juice from an orange (you could use mint or any other flavour you like or you could leave it out altogether
- 4 tbsp almond butter/nut butter of your choice
- 2 bananas
- Put the almonds, 30g/quarter of a cup of cocoa, coconut and dates in a food processor and process until it forms a crumb like consistency then mix in the water.
- Tip this mixture into a brownie pan and press down with your hands so it is packed down.
- Put the rest of the cocoa, honey, orange essence, almond butter and bananas in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread onto the pressed crumb mix and then put it in the freezer.
- Whenever you want a bit, take it out of the freezer and cut a piece off and put the rest back in the freezer. You can eat it straight out of the freezer if you like the brownie to be a bit harder or if you want it softer, leave it for 5-10 minutes before eating. It is delicious either way.
Nutritional Information per piece (makes 16):
- Calories: 135
- Carbs: 20
- Fat: 6.5
- Protein: 3.6
Recipe created Sarah Smith Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor: www.srsfitness.co.uk