20 October 2014
Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan
Pumpkin Pecan Protein Cookies
Ingredients (Makes 4 cookies):
- 1/3 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (31g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (7g)
- 1/4 cup cooked pumpkin (62g)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (8g)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (0.6ml)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (1.2ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans (7g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Except for the pecans, mix all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spoon batter onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet as 4 cookies. Use the back of your spoon to help shape them.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, continue to bake and check every 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as they are firm. (Over-baked whey cookies can get very dry.)
Macros (per cookie):
- Protein: 7g,
- Carbs: 6g (1g fiber, 3g sugar),
- Fat: 2g,
- Calories: 63.
Recipe by Andréa's Protein Cakery
Recipe blog: www.proteincakery.com