17 October 2012
Recipe: Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients for one pancake:
- 1/4 cup Old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Organic canned pumpkin
- 1/2 ounce (14grams) Almond meal
- 3/4 cup Liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Truvia
- In blender add oats, pumpkin, almond meal, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and Truvia then stir together.
- Add liquid egg whites then blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Spray frying pan with coconut spray.
- Turn on medium-low heat.
- Pour contents into heated frying pan.
- Turn over when bottom is lightly browned and bubbles form in middle.
- Cook other side until brown.
- Place on plate and top with preferred toppings. I used powdered peanut butter or heated chopped plum.
Serving size is one pancake without toppings
- 314 calories
- 26g protein
- 27g carbohydrates
- 7g fat
- 8g fiber
Recipe by Brittni Shae: Facebook
Instagram : BShaeFit