Gluten-Free High-Energy Granola Bars
• 1 cup Certified Gluten Free Oats
• 1 cup Quinoa Flakes
• 2/3 cup Almond Flour
• 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
• 1/4 cup Ground Chia Seeds
• 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 3/4 tsp Sea Salt, fine
• ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
• 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate pieces – Optional
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 egg white, beaten
• 1/2 cup Cold-Pressed Unrefined Coconut Oil
• 1/3 cup Honey
• 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch glass-baking pan.
- Sift together in large bowl: Gluten Free Oats, Quinoa Flakes, Almond Flour, Protein Powder, Ground Chia (or hemp) Seeds, Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Pumpkin Seeds, and Dark Chocolate.
- Make small well in center of dry mixture. Add: beaten eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Squish/mix together with hands. Press into prepared baking dish. You do not have to press all the way to edges (will not spread while baking) if you want a thicker and chewier bar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges look slightly golden.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour before slicing. As it cools, it holds together better.
Makes 24 medium-sized bars.
Nutrition Information (for 2 bars):
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 12g
Jeremy Scott www.jeremyscottfitness.com & Kim Maes www.cookitallergyfree.com