Published: Dec 4th 2019
Due to our fast-paced lifestyle, we tend to eat fast food instead of healthy meals. That is one of the reasons why obesity has become a big health problem in the world. As a result, a lot of people started looking for a way to eat healthily. And, while some of them turned to unhealthy diets, others have chosen the keto diet.
This diet is one of the most followed diets in the world. There are two reasons for that. The first one is low food restriction, which means that you can eat most of the foods you usually eat. This includes cheese, yoghurt, butter, meat, eggs, vegetables, as well as desserts if they are keto-friendly like the keto chocolate shake. The second reason is the ease to follow this diet due to having simple rules. Namely, you just need to know which foods you can and can’t eat and stick to them.
Following the keto diet is very easy, although it requires you to prepare your meals at home. It’s because there are plenty of meals you can prepare in 5 minutes or less. In order to prove this, here are 5 easy breakfast meals for weight loss.
1. Keto Breakfast Smoothie
- ½ cup of frozen berries
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- Liquid stevia, as you wish
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until well incorporated.
2. All-day Keto Breakfast
- 1 big organic/free-range egg
- 2 big Portobello mushrooms
- 5 thin bacon slices
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- ½ avocado
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, according to taste
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Roast the mushrooms in a pan. But make sure they are placed with their top side down.
- Heat half of the butter/ghee on a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and add sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- On a separate pan, heat the other half of the butter, and fry the egg and the bacon.
- Serve the contents of both pans on a plate, along with the avocado.
3. Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 big eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup no-carb organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp stevia
- ½ fresh blueberries
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp pure lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350C degrees.
- Melt the butter and the lemon zest.
- Put the eggs in a big bowl and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into all 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for around half an hour.
4. Low-carb Keto Egg Salad
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- Salt and pepper, according to taste
- Slice the eggs and mix them with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Mix until all three ingredients are well combined. If needed, break up the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
5. Keto Mini-frittatas
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 340gr (12 oz.) washed and sliced mushrooms
- ½ rinsed and drained cottage cheese
- ¾ cup broken feta cheese
- 6 beaten eggs
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tsp olive oil, or a bit more, if needed
- ½ tsp or according to taste all-purpose seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, according to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Spray your 6 jumbo muffin cups (or whatever you use for making frittata) with non-stick spray or place a small piece of baking paper inside the cups, in the form of muffin liner.
- Rinse the cottage cheese with cold water until there are only curds. Let it drain.
- Wash the mushroom and dry them with paper towels.
- Slice the mushrooms into thick slices.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook the mushrooms for 6-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, put them on the bottom of the muffin cups or what you will use.
- Brake the feta cheese and slice the onions into tiny slices.
- Add the cottage cheese, feta cheese, and the onions in layers over the mushrooms.
- Beat the eggs along with black pepper and the seasoning.
- Divide them equally among the muffin cups (what you use).
- Stir the mixture slowly with a fork to cover all ingredients with egg.
- Bake the mini-frittatas for around 25 minutes.
As you can notice, some of these recipes take less and some more time to prepare. So, you can choose which one to make according to your time. Namely, you can make the smoothie if you are in a hurry and make the frittatas during the weekend. Regardless of their preparation time, all of these recipes are easy to make, keto-friendly, and super-tasty.
Written By Elsie Doss